Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mr Crabs' Crabbie Patties

Yummy Crabbie Patties I made from left over Crab Dip





So first I made crab dip thinking I was hosting an army when I was actually hosting a set of gorgeous and petit bunco girlfriends.  This was of course a gross miscalculation of quantity and I was left with 2 cups of crab dip and no takers (though the dip was totally yummy! and the recipe can be found on: Baked-Crab-Dip - I didn't use the bread bowl though).  Inspired by being forced to watch Spongebob Square Pants with my kids, I decided to steal Mr Crab's idea and create some Crabbie Patties that I could potentially put into a lunchbox.  Here's what I did:

To the 2 cups of crab dip I added:
1 cup of crushed crackers (whatever your fav cracker is, it'll work)
1 cup of drained canned corn (frozen and steamed works too)
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp paprika
1 egg

(if your crab dip had a thinner consistency you might want to add more crushed crackers till you have a spoonable mixture)

I mixed all the ingredients together and gave it 10 mins in the fridge while I raided my pantry for some wafer thin cracker crisps (34 degree Savoury Crisps) and set my oven to preheat to 400F.

I arranged the crisps onto my baking tray and spooned about 1 Tbsp of Crab Mixture onto each.
I pressed down another crisp onto the top of the mixture and brushed on some olive oil.
Baked them for 20 mins or till golden

They turned out light and fluffy - best served hot!

The kids loved them with mayo but I loved them with a hot sauce to give them a kick!

If you try them, let me know how they turn out and what you might have done differently.  I'd love to hear.

Eat up y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment